Being productive is the most prudent thing for one to do. It’s not something to find but something to follow upon. Business travels are also not very easy; you have to leave your office, home, and family to move out. Not eating the same food, working on the same desk but looking for the opportunity to enhance your business and by remaining update with the latest business news.
As might, you have planned your business trip with all the meetings and conferences, yet there are some steps you can follow to be productive or making any trip. To understand how to be productive and how to make your business travel more productive first, we will look into the following steps:
- Avail technology: In the era of technological change, let it be your assistant. Before going to business travel, browse for the stuff you’ll need on the trip. Homework for what you have to do on the trip. If it is enough to take a cell phone with you then no need on lifting heavy bags. Schedule your trip properly.
- Plan Everything: A night before your trip, everything must be planned, your belongings must be packed and you must be ready. This will boost up your confidence on the business trip which will have a positive impact on your organization. Sometimes traveling never seems to go exactly as planned, make sure you’re too-bring list accounts for potential emergencies and delays. If you’re checking a bag, pack a change of clothes, a toothbrush, some makeup, and anything you’ll need for your first day of work inside your carry-on. In case carry a handbag which has a folder of your important stuff such as flight tickets and passport etc.
- Communicate before leaving: It is important to let know some people from your office before you leave. Just in case of any emergency the backup must handle the office right. It is difficult to keep up with the normal workload on a business trip so make sure that everything in the office remains calm while you are away. It is important to communicate your team and tell them your availability like on a mobile phone or Skype so they can contact you in time of need. Give your charge to one other person whom you trust.
- Familiar with destination: Before you arrive, you must know where to go and stay. Do some shopping for normal stuff, buy some food, and take rest before joining. Take notes with you; make sure to reach on time for the meeting to enhance your impression. It is better to move on a business trip a day before so you have enough time to prepare yourself accordingly.
- To-Dos while in Route: Keep a diary with yourself and enlist the stuff which you are going to do. Set up your goals. If you say you will do it after getting to the hotel then you might not do that so it’s better to make out the work as early as possible. Be confident and be calm as it will help you out in the meeting. Remember what you are going to say and practice it before the meeting. Go with facts and some valid points, don’t rush.
- Find Your Focus: Once you reach there, find anything which will focus you on the business and stay updated with the latest business news. Optimize your time and comfort. In a hotel room, try to work on the desk or make an environment as of the office or conference. Unpack your laptop, find an outlet for your phone and computer chargers, connect to the Wi-Fi, organize your files, and arrange any office supplies you need. With your desk ready to go, you’ll have an easier time getting the right to work when you pop into your hotel room between meetings. No matter how productive you show it is important to have a nice ending. At the end of the day, relax, eat dinner, go to some quiet place, and a phone call to the loved one.
No traveling for Business:
There is some time comes when you feel tired of business traveling. To remain productive without going on a trip you need to follow the steps:
- Make technology familiar
- You have to video conference call
- Make sure you have a fast internet connection
- Try to elaborate your goals
- Be in office for a meeting
It may not be as productive as a face to face meeting but it can help a lot and save time as well. It is comfortable to be in your city with your family and that is what a real bonus of not going to business trips.