A party isn’t a party without a plenty of fresh ice. Or you may be an athlete or outdoors person who is constantly using ice. So, you may end up frequently travel to the local store to stock up another bag of countertop ice after running out of it, then you need to invest in an ice maker. Most of refrigerators come with an ice maker but they only produce ice in lower volumes. There are a number of options to move beyond ice trays and poor performing refrigerator ice makers. In this article, we will talk you through the different types and will recommend you the best icemakers that are available in the market today to satisfy your needs and wants.
Types of Ice Makers
The ice makers which are manufactured for household use are of two types:
1. Countertop models
A portable ice maker has the ability to provide ice in a variety of distinct conditions that a conventional under-counter ice maker does not. The question which may arise is that why there is a need for a countertop ice maker (also known as portable ice maker) when you have a freezer which allows the making of ice cubes? The following are the reasons why it’s you would want to consider this option: Pros:
- Lightweight and of compact size
- Extremely Portable
- No installation process required
- Have smaller capacities
- Requires continuous pouring of water
2. Under-counter models
Under-counter ice makers can be positioned beside a wine cooler or other various types of appliances of considerable size. Before initiating a purchase, one must consider the factors discussed below: Pros:
- Does not occupy any counter space as they are generally installed under the shelf
- Have the capability to produce large quantities of ice in a very quick time
- Most of them are automated and have a large production capacity
- Constructed as industrial sized refrigerators
- You should buy them only if you need larger quantities of ice as they consume a lot of space
- They are not considered portable because once they are installed it is very difficult to move them
- Require professional installation
- Takes up cabinet space
For this review we are focusing primarily on portable and countertop ice makers.
Here is our list of the top 5ice makers that you can buy in order to fulfill your ice making requirements:
There are numerous kinds of icemakers and it can be confusing to choose the one thatperfectly aligns with your needs. According to our research, if you are looking for the best portable icemaker then you should opt for Igloo ICE103 and if you want a high-end icemaker then Ice-o-Matic ICEU220FA is what you should buy.If you opt for any of the above-mentioned products, there is a good chance you will end up as a satisfied customer.